Arctic Audubon offers small grants to fund conservation-related projects that support our mission. Our mission is to protect Alaska’s ecosystems by encouraging research, education, & management that will contribute to knowledge, appreciation, and good stewardship of our natural heritage.
2017 will be our 14th year offering small grants. The funding level available and deadline will be posted as soon as they are available. Past proposals of UP TO $2,000 have been considered, and partial funding is sometimes offered. Please consider the following guidelines:
- Proposed projects should enhance the understanding and conservation of Northern Alaska’s organisms and/or ecosystems.
- Projects dedicated to increasing public awareness and knowledge of conservation issues are appropriate, as are projects that develop educational tools.
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline.
- High school and middle school students and teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Successful applicants may be asked to give a short public presentation
**Arctic Audubon Society’s Small Grants Program is funded through donations. We invite individuals and businesses to support and expand our Small Grants Program by making tax-deductible donations. Checks should be made payable to Arctic Audubon Society Small Grants Program and sent to: Arctic Audubon Society, P.O. Box 82098, Fairbanks, AK 99708.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Applicants should submit a cover letter and application. Please use the cover letter to introduce yourself and your project. Do not forget to include your contact information! Applications should consist of a one page project description, including a budget, timeline, expected outcomes, and how the project relates to the mission of Arctic Audubon.
Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your application as one pdf, using your name as the file name. You may also submit printed materials by mail to: Arctic Audubon, P.O. Box 82098, Fairbanks, AK 99708.
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com.